Poison Ivy

Image result for Poison Ivy

Anyone who spends time outdoors needs to understand a little about the character of poison ivy and what to do if you or a loved one becomes contaminated. Knowing how to recognize the plant, the basic symptoms, and how to deal with the condition can make a big difference. Here are a few facts that you should have at your fingertips.

Poison ivy grows wild in several of places around North America. The plant may seem like a tree or a vine that runs up a tree or creeps along the forest floor. Generally, the leaves are smooth-edged, although some varieties of poison ivy do have notched leaves. The important to bear in mind is that despite this difference in the shape of the leaves, all types of the poison ivy plant grow leaves in groups of three.

When this oily sap comes in contact with human skin, the potential for contracting poison ivy is very likely. Bear in mind the physical contact has to be plant . It’s impossible to catch it from clothes or brushing your hand throughout the coat of a pet.

Another set of poison ivy facts to bear in mind is the signs of the condition. Often, the first sign is a red rash that gets larger and redder with time. Next, itching will grow, along with the possibility of a fever. Lastly, the rash may erupt into blisters which could be painful and become infected when they burst. If at all possible, begin treatments when the first symptoms appear.

Last, knowing how to treat poison ivy is quite important. Treatments range from over the counter products to herbal remedies to prescription medications, depending on the seriousness of the condition. When it comes to the truth, the most important one to keep in mind is that getting the correct treatment will make all the difference in the amount of pain and suffering you have to face.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *